Winnipeg Man Charged with Attempted Murder

Man Charged with Attempted Murder

WINNIPEG, MB. - A Winnipeg Police investigation and search warrant has resulted in a Winnipeg man being charged with attempted murder and five other offences.

Police said the charges are in relation to an incident that happened at a business on Norte Dame Avenue, December 17 around 6:35 AM.

Police responded to a call about a man, behaving violently and who had barricaded himself in a room with another man.

When police arrived they located both men in a room, covered with blood. One man, the suspect, was armed with a knife. The victim, an adult male, was transported in critical condition to the hospital. The suspect, also an adult male, was placed under arrest and transported to hospital in the stable condition.

IN a news release, police said they learned that the man had taken narcotics earlier in the morning, met with the victim at this location and took more drugs. Armed with a knife, the man barricaded himself in a room with the victim who he threatened with the knife. He damaging the room and contents, resulting in a small fire which staff were able to safely extinguish through a broken window.

The suspect then turned his attention to the victim, choking him, cutting his throat, and stabbing him numerous times in the upper body.

The suspect was released from hospital December 20th and taken into police custody.

Brian Joseph Steve Pensak , 32-years-old of Winnipeg has been charged with the following:

  • Attempt to Commit Murder
  • Forcible Confinement
  • Utter Threats
  • Possess Weapon
  • Mischief Under $5000
  • Arson with Disregard for Human Life

The Manitoba Post

File photo

TOPICS:   Winnipeg Police

What do you think?

Your comment
Sponsors