WINNIPEG, MB - Winnipeg Police Tactical and Street Crime Unit's arrested two people and seized almost $100,000 in street value drugs Sunday night.
Police executed search warrants at a hotel room in the Richmond West area and a home in the South Point area. They seized a large amount of drugs and cash including:
- 38.3 ounces of methamphetamine (valued at approximately $76,600).
- 32.1 ounces of cocaine (valued at approximately $22,470).
- 61 grams of marihuana (valued at approximately $900).
- 259 morphine pills.
- $22,765 in Canadian currency.
- Packaging materials.
Police have not released a name but said they charged a 27-year-old male of Winnipeg with:
- Possession of a Scheduled Substance for the Purpose of Trafficking - Methamphetamine
- Possession of a Scheduled Substance for the Purpose of Trafficking - Cocaine
- Possession of a Scheduled Substance for the Purpose of Trafficking - Morphine
- Possession of Scheduled Substance - Cannabis (Marihuana)
- Possession of Proceeds of Property Obtained by Crime Over $5,000
A 21-year-old male of Winnipeg was also charged with Fail to Comply Probation Order.
Laura Manning, Manitoba Post