WINNIPEG, MB - A Winnipeg Police investigation has lead to the arrest of a 18-year-old from Grand Rapids , Manitoba in connection to a December 16, 2017 shooting.
Police found an injured female on December 16, 2017, around 4:00 a.m., at a home in the 300 block of Aikins Street. The 19-year-old woman was transported to hospital in critical condition and has since been upgraded to stable condition.
A second victim, a 15-year-old male, is currently in hospital in stable condition.
During an investigation police learned, that an altercation took place between a number of people at a house party. The suspect, who was at the home, concealed his face, removed a shotgun which he had hidden and shot it through a closed door. The injured woman was struck with pellets while a 15-year-old male was struck by pellets and shrapnel.
Police have arrested Steven Lester Paul Sanderson, 18-years-old of Grand Rapids, and charged him with:
- Attempt to Commit Murder Using a Firearm X2
- Use Firearm During Commission of Indictable Offence
- Careless use of Firearm, Weapon, Prohibited Device or Ammunition
- Point Firearm
- Possess Weapon
- Carry Concealed Weapon, Prohibited Device or Ammunition
- Possession of a Firearm Knowing its Possession is Unauthorized
- Possession of a Prohibited or Restricted Firearm with Ammunition
- Possession of a Firearm, Prohibited or Restricted Weapon Obtained by Crime
- Possession of Firearm, Restricted/Prohibited Weapon or Ammunition Contrary to Prohibition Order X2
- Discharge Firearm Into or At a Place in a Reckless Manner
- Disguise with Intent
Kevin Klein, Manitoba Post