WINNIPEG, MB - Winnipeg police have made an arrest in relation to a number of Break and Enters that occurred between February 3 and 12 of this year.
The incidents of this mini crime spree, that included stealing from pharmacies, are listed below:
- February 3, a pharmacy in the 900 block of Keewatin St. was broken into. Prescription narcotics valued at approximately $5,000 were stolen.
- February 4, a pharmacy in 400 block of William Ave. was broken into. A large quantity of prescription narcotics was stolen.
- February 9, a 2018 SUV was stolen from a rental agency located in the 1700 block of Waverley St.
- On February 10, a pharmacy located in the 200 block of Regent Ave. West was broken into. Prescription narcotics valued at $11,000 were stolen.
- Sometime between February 3 and 11 a 2018 cargo van was stolen from an automotive dealership located in the 1300 block of Regent Ave.
- On February 11, front and rear licence plates were stolen from a vehicle parked in the area of 2300 McPhillips St.
- On February 11, a 2018 SUV was stolen from an automotive dealership located in the 1700 block of Waverley St.
Police said they located one of the stolen vehicles yesterday, February 12, in the 500 block of Langside St. and arrested a male suspect that was in the vehicle.
Police seized approximately $11,000 in cash, $1,100 in methamphetamine, $2,000 in cocaine, and prescription medication valued at approximately $7,200 a well as break-in tools and a weapon.
Charged is Roman Wolfgang Reichart, 34-year-old, with the following:
- Break & Enter Commit Theft x 3
- Possess Good Obtained by Crime under $5000 x 2
- Breach of Probation
- Theft of Motor Vehicle Over $5000
- 10 counts of Trafficking
- Possess Break & Enter Instruments
- Possess Weapon for Dangerous Purpose
- Possess Proceeds of Crime over $5000
- Warrant of Arrest (Fail to Comply)
Kevin Klein, Manitoba Post