WINNIPEG - A man who approached police asking them for help in Thursday evening, 11:15PM, had a loaded gun on him. In a tweet police said, "....yes, this really does happen".
Officers went to a home on Egerton Road to assist the man who asked for help. While speaking with another individual, police became aware that the man who had asked for help was in possession of a firearm.
He, of course, was arrested and police seized the following:
- A loaded single-shot "zip gun" improvised firearm capable of firing a .22 calibre cartridge.
- An additional eight .22 calibre cartridges.
Jeremy Jason Werbiski, a 38-year-old man from Niverville, has been charged with:
- Carry Firearm in a Careless Manner
- Possession of a Firearm Knowing its Possession is Unauthorized
- Possession of a Prohibited Ammunition Knowing its Possession is Unauthorized
- Possession of Firearm or Ammunition Contrary to Prohibition Order (x2)