WINNIPEG - A man and woman from Winnipeg have been charged for several robbberies and a car-jacking in the city between March 28th and April 19th.
The robberies had occurred over the past month at the following businesses:
- A smoke shop in the 600 block of Ellice Avenue.
- A beer vendor in the first 100 block of Marion Street.
- A convenience store in the 1000 block of McGregor Street.
- A gas bar in the 1400 block of Henderson Highway.
- A gas bar in the 1600 block of Ness Avenue.
- A gas bar in the 700 block of St. James Street
Police said that in addition to the crimes above, a woman was carjacked and robbed of her vehicle in the 1600 block of Regent Avenue West on April 16th.
Investigators worked to identify two suspects and during the evening of April 19th, they went to a hotel in the 700 block of Main Street. There, police found the stolen vehicle parked in front.
A male suspect, who had been standing outside the vehicle, fled inside the business while a female suspect, who had been inside the vehicle, was taken into custody.
Police quickly caught the male suspect.
Darrell Jack Watson Nicholson, a 24-year-old male of Winnipeg, has been charged with:
- Robbery (x7)
- Disguise with Intent (x7)
- Possession of a Weapon (x2)
- Possession of Property Obtained by Crime under $5,000
- Possession of Scheduled Substance
- Fail to Comply with Probation Order (x14)
Carlene Crystal Pruden, a 22-year-old female of Winnipeg, has been charged with:
- Robbery (x2)
- Fail to Comply Condition Recognizance by Judge/Justice (x6)