WINNIPEG, MB - An armed 25-year-old Winnipeg man is caught by police after responding to a Break and Enter call at an apartment building on Ellice Avenue early yesterday morning.
Police managed to locate a male suspect who was hiding behind a doorway but still wearing a balaclava and a face mask. Police found the suspect had the following items on his person:
- A heavily reduced sawed-off .22 calibre rifle.
- A pouch containing .22 calibre ammunition cartridges.
- A second pouch containing .17 HMR calibre ammunition cartridges.
- A large hunting knife.
As police investigated they determined that the break & enter was unfounded. They did charge Jesse James Daher, 25 from Winnipeg, with the following:
- Possession of a Weapon (x2)
- Carrying Concealed Weapon Prohibited Device or Ammunition (x2)
- Possession of a Prohibited or Restricted Firearm with Ammunition (x2)
- Possession of a Firearm Knowing its Possession is Unauthorized (x2)
- Possession of Firearm, Restricted/Prohibited Weapon or Ammunition Contrary to Prohibition Order (x2)
- Fail to Comply Condition Recognizance by Judge/Justice (x4)
Police said that Daher also had five different outstanding arrest warrants.
Kevin Klein, Manitoba Post
Photo supplied by Winnipeg Police