WINNIPEG - A woman was taken to hospital suffering from a gunshot wound Saturday morning, a man surrenders to police.
Officers patrolling Andrews Street and Aberdeen Avenue came upon a truck containing an injured woman that had been shot in the upper body.
As more officers began to arrive, a male suspect approached officers and threw an item between two parked vehicles. He then placed his arms in the air and was taken into custody. A gun was found near the vehicles.
The woman was taken to hospital in critical condition and was later upgraded to stable condition.
Police believe that the male suspect, who is the owner of the truck, was involved in a dispute with the woman and an acquaintance immediately prior to the shooting.
Donald Michael Kargus, a 40-year-old man from Lockport, has been charged with:
- Attempt to Commit Murder
- Discharge a Restricted Firearm or a Prohibited Firearm with Intent
- Careless Use of Firearm, Weapon, Prohibited Device or Ammunition
- Use of Firearm During Commission of an Indictable Offence
- Pointing a Firearm (x2)
- Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm
- Possession of a Weapon
- Possession of a Loaded Prohibited or Restricted Firearm
- Possession of a Firearm Knowing Serial Number has been Tampered With