WINNIPEG - Winnipeg’s annual curbside giveaway weekend is this Saturday and Sunday. It's a chance for people to put out items they no longer have a need for that are reusable, so others can take and make use of them.
The City of Winnipeg said items you want to give away should be placed on the curb with a sign or sticker that says “free.” If you have items that you don't wish to giveaway, ensure they are placed out of sight.
Examples of giveaway items include:
- books, CDs and DVDs
- furniture, electronics and small appliances
- sports equipment and toys
- yard and gardening tools and equipment (e.g., lawn mowers, snow blowers, rakes, shovels)
- kitchen gadgets, dishes, cutlery, pots and pans
- unwanted gifts
- construction material (e.g., nails, paint, wood)
The City is asking that you do not put out:
- items that could be unsafe
- items infested with bed bugs (e.g., mattresses, furniture, bedding)
- toilets (with a flush volume of 13 litres or more)
Sunday evening please ensure to remove anything that is leftover.