WINNIPEG - A 32-year-old man wanted on a Canada Wide warrant, for parole violations, was arrested Thursday.
Around 2:30 AM police noticed a man holding a can of liquor exit a taxi cab at the intersection of Main and Bannerman. When the man noticed police, he immediately re-entered the taxi.
Police stopped the taxi and determined the man was in violation of his parole conditions. He was placed under arrest and a search of him resulted in the seizure of:
- 11 grams of methamphetamine (estimated street value of $1,100)
- $90 in Canadian currency
A duffle bag that had been with the man was searched and police found:
- 87 grams of methamphetamine (estimated street value of $8,700)
Matthew Frederick Sheppard, a 32-year-old man from Winnipeg, has been charged with:
- Possession of a Scheduled Substance for the Purpose of Trafficking – Methamphetamine
- Possession of Proceeds of Property Obtained by Crime under $5,000
- Consume or Possess Open Liquor in a Public Place (Liquor and Gaming Control Act)