WINNIPEG - After hearing from over 50,000 Manitobans in the past two days, the province has announced details of phase four of restoring safe services.
More restrictions will be lifted on Saturday as planned but not everything that's been discussed will happen.
This will happen Saturday...
- maintaining current site capacity at 30 per cent for faith-based services, pow wows, but eliminating the need for sub-groups (cohorts);
- allowing stage performances and opening movie theatres to a maximum capacity of 30 per cent of the site, up to a maximum of 500 people;
- allowing casinos to open at a maximum of 30 per cent of the site’s capacity; and
- allowing retail businesses and indoor recreation sites to use non-permeable barriers when distances of two metres can not be maintained.
This won't happen yet...
- proposed changes to indoor and outdoor gathering sizes;
- relaxing of self-isolation requirements for those travelling from eastern and southern Ontario, Quebec and Atlantic Canada; and
- walk-up counter service in bars, beverage rooms, brew pubs, microbreweries and distilleries.