WINNIPEG - After consulting with the food industry, the province is bringing in some new public health orders affecting restaurants and bars.
These orders go into effect tomorrow in the Winnipeg metropolitan area which remains orange under the pandemic response system.
- No sale or service of liquor may take place in licensed premises between 10:00 p.m. and 9:00 a.m.
- The operator of the licensed premises must ensure that all members of the public vacate the licensed premises by 11:00 p.m.
- Licensed premises must be closed to the public between 11:00 p.m. and 6:00 a.m.
- Staff obtain contact information in writing from at least one person in each party attending the licensed premises and the licensee must retain this information for 21 days, after which it must be destroyed;
- The order does not prevent food from being sold from licensed premises after 11:00 p.m. delivery or take-out, as long as no liquor is sold along with the food.