Winnipeg Fire Caused By Batteries

Fire Caused By Batteries

WINNIPEG - Firefighters are warning people to be careful when charging batteries after a house fire in Winnipeg on the weekend.

Heavy smoke and flames were coming from the home on Saturday afternoon when crews arrived but they quickly brought things under control and no one was injured.

The cause of the blaze was accidental and likely related to charging lithium-ion batteries.

Fire officials say people should only use the battery designed for the device, with the charging cord it came with and never charge a device on a bed, couch or other flammable surface.

They also say batteries should be kept at room temperature and stored away from anything that can catch fire.

TOPICS:   Winnipeg Fire

What do you think?

Your comment