Grass Fire Risk High In Winnipeg

Grass Fire Risk High

WINNIPEG - The Fire Paramedic Service is urging people to take steps to prevent grass and brush fires in Winnipeg after crews responded to a kilometre-long blaze Saturday morning at Symington Yard.

It is believed the fire was caused by a moving train with a faulty spark arrestor.

The fire were extinguished quickly and no one was hurt.

The WFPS says the threat is high as dry and windy conditions continue.

TOPICS:   Winnipeg Fire

What do you think?

Your comment