WINNIPEG - Police arrest a 16-year-old for setting a number of fires Friday in the Point Douglas area.
Police said the fires were set between 4:10 a.m. and 4:18 a.m. at the following locations:
- A fire to a mattress in the 100 block of Euclid Avenue.
- A fire to a second mattress in the 100 block of Euclid Avenue.
- A fire to a detached garage in the 100 block of Lorne Avenue.
- A fire to a chair on a porch in the 100 block of Granville Street.
A short time later, police arrested a suspect on Granville Street. Police have determined that the suspect was responsible for the four fires. The fires are not related to the fatal house fire on Prince Edward Street earlier that night.
The suspect was also identified as being responsible for a number of liquor bottles stolen from a Manitoba Liquor Mart on Main Street in July 2018.
A 16-year-old man from Winnipeg has been charged with:
- Arson Causing Damage to Property (x4)
- Theft Under $5,000
- Fail to Comply with Sentence (x2)
He also processed on an outstanding warrant for:
- Fail to Comply with Sentence (x9)