WINNIPEG - Red Panda Weekend is coming to the Assiniboine Park Zoo this Saturday and Sunday (September 1 & 2, 2018) and visitors of all ages are welcome to come out and enjoy the fun. The event is in honour of International Red Panda Day, a day of awareness and education held annually in September. Proceeds from the event will support the Red Panda Network.
To celebrate Red Panda Weekend, the following activities will take place at the Zoo on Saturday, September 1 and Sunday, September 2, 2018 from 12:00 pm – 4:00 pm daily:
Passport Activity Circuit
- Pick up an activity passport at the event tent located at the McFeetors Heavy Horse Centre. Visit activity stations located throughout the Zoo and collect stamps to become an official Red Panda Ranger.
Special Keeper Talks
- Red Panda Zoo Chat | 10:30 am and 2:00 pm at the red panda habitat located in Toucan Ridge.
- Summer Zoo Chats | Learn about our animals from the people who know them best. This is the last weekend for visitors to enjoy our summer schedule of 13 daily Zoo Chats. Get the most out of your experience and take in one or more on your visit!
Family Friendly Activities
- Visit our photo booth and pose with fun props.
- Stop at our face-painting and button-making stations.
Other ways to Support Red Pandas
- Enjoy an Arctic slushie at the Tundra Grill. 50% of proceeds support the Red Panda Network.
- Shop our selection of red panda merchandise at Wild Things Unique Gifts. A portion of proceeds will go towards red panda conservation.
- Bid on red panda artwork at Wild Things Unique Gifts and The Park Café. Bids for two original one-of-a-kind paintings, created by our very own red pandas Tanvi and Suva, will be accepted until September 30, 2018. Minimum bid $100.
The Zoo is open daily from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm. For more information go to assiniboineparkzoo.ca.
PHOTO CREDIT Assiniboineparkzoo.ca