Winnipeg, MB. - Bring the kids to meet Santa and Mrs. Claus this weekend, December 16 and 17, at the Assiniboine Park Zoo's North Polar Party.
You and the entire family can stay warm at the Tundra Grill and meet Santa while enjoying a hot breakfast or lunch along with extra holiday activities.
“The holiday season is a great time of year for families to visit the Zoo,” said Grant Furniss, Senior Director of Animal Care and Conservation at the Assiniboine Park Zoo. “Not only can they meet Santa, but they’ll have a chance to see polar bears, wolves, snow leopards and many other animals who thrive and are very active in the winter weather.”
The following activities will take place this weekend at the Zoo:
- Holiday breakfast – Begin your day with a tasty holiday breakfast. Warm up at the Tundra Grill with a steaming cup of coffee, decadent hot chocolate, perfect parfait or hearty breakfast plate!
- Special holiday presentation for our polar bears – This unique holiday presentation is a must see! Watch the polar bears get into the Christmas spirit with special enrichment items at 11 am at the Tundra Grill.
- Santa’s Elves Workshop – Warm up, do some holiday crafts, and take your picture with Santa and Mrs. Claus at Tundra Grill! Craft station will be open from 10:30 am to 2:30 pm and Santa will be available for photos from 10:30 am to 1:30 pm.
- McFeetors Heavy Horse Centre– Visit the McFeetors Heavy Horse Centre and take a wagon ride in the Zoo. Rides are available from 1 – 3 pm and are $3 / person. Tickets can be purchased at the kiosk located at the exhibit. Schedule is subject to change depending on weather and required animal care. Please check for updates at the Zoo entrance upon arrival.
- Winston on Location – Don’t miss your chance to get a photo with Winston, the Polar Bear Mascot. He’ll be making appearances on Saturday and Sunday from 11 am to 1 pm at Tundra Grill.
The Zoo is open 9 am to 4 pm daily.
Assiniboine Park Zoo
File - Pinterest.com