WINNIPEG - Winnipeg police arrested 18 men "Johns" during a joint project on Friday, October 5th
Police said they worked in partnership with Outreach Workers from the Community; StreetReach, Winnipeg Outreach Network, Resources Assistance for Youth (RAY), MaMaWi, and the Bear Clan Patrol with the aim of protecting youth within our city who are at a high risk of being sexually exploited.
- 18 males arrested between ages of 19-74 for Obtaining Sexual Services for Consideration
- 16 Vehicles seized under the Highway Traffic Act for Prostitution offences
- 4 Deter and Indentify Sex-Trade Consumers (D.I.S.C.) Stops were conducted
- 6 reported missing, at risk youths were located. Each were transported to a place of safety (4 of these missing/high risk youths were arrested for outstanding warrants)
- 37 Crime Prevention through Social Development (CPTSD) contacts were made to identify and assist those involved in the Sex Trade
Police said 64 locations, known to be frequented by high risk missing youths, were checked during the project.