WINNIPEG - Police have charged a Winnipeg man with over 50 charges including Break and Enter and Commit Violent Assault, Discharging a Firearm, and multiple gun and drug offences.
On January 13, 2020, at approximately 3:23 a.m., police responded to a home on Hastings Boulevard for a report of a shooting.
A 31-year-old man had been shot after the home had been broken into. He was taken to hospital in critical condition and was later upgraded to stable condition. A 23-year-old woman had also been assaulted but did not require medical attention.
At approximately 5:53 a.m., police responded to another report of a shooting. This time at a home on Elgin Avenue.
A 33-year-old man had been shot after the home had been broken into. He was taken to hospital in unstable condition and was later upgraded to stable condition. Three other people, a 31-year-old woman, a 55-year-old woman and a 50-year-old man, had a firearm pointed at them during the incident.
Members of the Major Crimes Unit continued with the investigations and identified a male suspect.
On January 25, 2020, investigators executed a search warrant at a residence in the 200 block of King Edward Street and seized two shotguns, two rifles, an imitation handgun, a can of bear spray and ammunition.
On February 5, 2020, at approximately 11:30 a.m., the male suspect was taken into custody after he was seen driving a stolen vehicle in the area of Elsbury Bay and Sandrington Drive. He was found to be in possession of the following items:
- 31.2 grams of methamphetamine.
- A small amount of cocaine.
- A small amount of heroin.
- A stolen driver’s licence.
- A stolen cheque.
The vehicle had been stolen from the 1600 block of Regent Avenue during the evening of February 2, 2020, after the car had been left running with the keys in the ignition.
34 year-old Blaine Lindsey Malcolm has been charged with:
- Break Enter & Commit Aggravated Assault - Dwelling House (x2)
- Disguise with Intent (x2)
- Discharge a Firearm with Intent (x2)
- Pointing a Firearm (x3)
- Use of Firearm During Commission of an Indictable Offence (x2)
- Possession of Firearm, Restricted/Prohibited Weapon or Ammunition Contrary to Prohibition Order (x14)
- Possession of a Firearm Knowing its Possession is Unauthorized (x5)
- Possession of a Prohibited or Restricted Firearm with Ammunition
- Possession of a Weapon (x5)
- Possession of Property Obtained by Crime Over $5000
- Possession of Property Obtained by Crime Under $5000 (x2)
- Possession of a Scheduled Substance for the Purpose of Trafficking – Methamphetamine
- Possession of Scheduled Substance – Cocaine
- Possession of Scheduled Substance – Heroin
- Operation of a Conveyance While Prohibited by Order Under Criminal Code
- Store Firearm or Restricted Weapon Contrary to Regulations (x4)
- Fail to Comply with Condition of Release Order (x13)
- Fail to Comply with Probation Order
He was detained in custody.