An early morning traffic stop yielded a big drug bust for the Winnipeg Police today.
At about 1:00am this morning (November 13), police stopped a vehicle at Portage Avenue and Edmonton when they saw a man holding his cell phone with both hands and appearing to be taking a selfie while he was driving.
A bag of what looked to be meth was sitting inside the vehicle so the driver was placed under arrest and a further search of the vehicle resulted in the seizure of a number of items.
- 16.5 ounces of methamphetamine (estimated street value of $16,000)
- 23.3 ounces of cocaine (estimated street value of $46,000)
- 3 grams of heroin (estimated street value of $1,500)
- 13.9 ounces of a cutting agent
- 229 Xanax pills (estimated street value of $900)
- $2,285 in Canadian currency
- 2 mobile phones
- Digital scale
38 year-old Randy Billy Bastien of Winnipeg, has been charged with possession of a substance for the purpose of trafficking - Methamphetamine, cocaine, heroin, alprazolam and possession of proceeds of property obtained by crime under $5,000.