WINNIPEG - Winnipeg Police have arrested and charged two men they believe are responsible for 5 break and enters in city.
Tuesday morning officers located the two men on Notre Dame Street. They were in possession of a bag containing numerous break-in instruments.
Police believe the men are responsible for the following robberies:
- February 25, 2018 - tools stolen from a storage room in the 300 block of Colony Street.
- June 24, 2018 - tools stolen from a garage in the 500 block of De La Morenie St.
- July 16, 2018 - a backpack stolen from a University of Manitoba Campus
- July 16, 2018 - a break-in to a residence in the 200 block of Beliveau Rd.
- July 27, 2018 - a break-in to a residential building in the first 100 block of Gerard St. and two bicycles were stolen
Jessie Lee Berens, a 36-year-old man from Winnipeg was charged with Possess Break-In Instruments, Fail to Comply with Conditions of Recognizance X6, Break, Enter and Theft X3, and Theft Under $5000.
Terence Michael Canard, a 37-year-old man was charged with Theft Under $5000, Break, Enter, and Theft, X2, Possess Break-in Instruments, Fail to Comply with Recognizance X3, Break and Enter with Intent, and Fail to Comply with Probation Order X2