WINNIPEG - Two officers received minor injuries after a 25-year-old Winnipeg man, wanted on three outstanding warrants, Rammed a stolen vehicle into their cruiser.
Police said Thursday just before 1:00AM a stolen car was spotted in the area of Burrows Avenue and McGregor Street. AIR-1 and others officers contained the stolen vehicle on the Arlington Street Bridge. The driver rammed a police vehicle but was taken into custody a short time later. Two officers sustained minor injuries and were later treated at a hospital.
Police searched the vehicle and seized a sawed-off 12 gauge shotgun with a defaced serial number and eighteen 12 gauge shotgun shells.
Skylar Andrew McPherson, a 25-year-old man from Winnipeg, has been charged with:
- Possession of a Firearm Knowing its Possession is Unauthorized
- Possession of a Prohibited or Restricted Firearm with Ammunition
- Tampering with Serial Number of a Firearm
- Possession of Firearm, Restricted/Prohibited Weapon or Ammunition Contrary to Prohibition Order
- Possession of Property Obtained by Crime Over $5000
- Fail to Comply Condition Recognizance by Judge/Justice (x3)
- Drive without licence or with invalid licence (Highway Traffic Act)
He was wanted on three outstanding warrants for charges including:
- Fail to Comply Condition Recognizance by Judge/Justice (x2)
- Fail to Comply with Probation (x2)