WINNIPEG - The Tactical Support Team as well as the K9 Unit had to be brought in after a man sent threats over social media and then fired his gun at Hargrave Street and Assiniboine Avenue.
Police cleared a Hargrave Street building that the armed man was seen entering after he fired his gun, and a short time later he was safely placed under arrest.
It is believed that the male had made several threats over a text message to two individuals who live elsewhere in Winnipeg. He then attended to the 300 block of Assiniboine Avenue with the shotgun where he shot at two garbage dumpsters.
The shotgun had been reported stolen from Stonewall in 2017.
37 year-old Jason Christopher Nuytten has been charged with:
- Use of Firearm During Commission of an Indictable Offence
- Careless Use of Firearm, Weapon, Prohibited Device or Ammunition
- Store Firearm or Restricted Weapon Contrary to Regulations
- Possession of a Weapon
- Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm
- Unauthorized Possession of a Prohibited Device or Ammunition
- Possession of a Prohibited or Restricted Firearm with Ammunition
- Possession of a Firearm, Prohibited or Restricted Weapon Obtained by Crime
- Uttering Threats - Cause Death or Bodily Harm (x2)
- Mischief Under $5,000/Obstruct in Enjoyment
He was detained in custody.