On October 22 police seized a large amount of drugs and cash and made two arrests as a result of a drug trafficking operation at a Wellington Avenue hotel.
Chad Ducharme was found to be in possession of 8 grams of heroin (ESV $3200), 22 grams of cocaine (ESV $1200) and 279 grams of methamphetamine (ESV $8750), $15,560 in cash and an operational conducted energy weapon (Taser). A search of the hotel room located instruments used to cook cocaine powder into crack cocaine.
43 year-old Ducharme was charged with:
- CDSA 7(1) Produce a Scheduled Substance
- CDSA 5(2) Possess a Scheduled Substance for the purpose of Trafficking (Methamphetamine)
- CDSA 5(2) Possess a Scheduled Substance for the purpose of Trafficking (Heroin)
- CDSA 5(2) Possess a Scheduled Substance for the purpose of Trafficking (Cocaine)
- Possess Weapon
- Possess Prohibited Weapon
- Possess Proceeds of Crime Over $5000
- Possess Property Obtained by Crime Under $5000
- Possess Restricted Weapon x 2
He was detained in custody.
Also arrested in connection with this investigation was a 32-year-old female.
Leanna Marie Kaltenthaler was charged with:
CDSA 4(1) Possession of a Scheduled Substance (Heroin)
Fail to Comply with Conditions
She was detained in custody.