WINNIPEG - A 30 year-old man faces numerous charges after police found guns and drugs during a search of his apartment suite on Qu'Appelle Avenue.
When police arrived, he fled from the suite and attempted to hide on a roof, but was taken into custody. The investigation has led to the seizure of numerous items, including the following:
- A loaded .22 calibre handgun
- Two mobile phones
- $690 in Canadian currency
- A working scale
- Packaging materials
- Approximately 2.17 grams of cocaine (estimated street value of $220)
- Approximately 2.37 grams crack cocaine (estimated street value of $360)
30 year-old Abdelgadr Said Omer has been charged with:
- Possession of a Scheduled Substance for the Purpose of Trafficking – Cocaine
- Possession of Proceeds of Property Obtained by Crime Under $5000
- Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm
- Possession of a Loaded Prohibited or Restricted Firearm
- Possession of a Firearm Knowing Serial Number has been Tampered With
- Store Firearm or Restricted Weapon Contrary to Regulations
He was detained in custody.
What do you think?