WINNIPEG - An intoxicated driver drove into a fence and caused a traffic accident before returning home where police found him asleep.
The suspect first drove his truck into a fence at a business in the Mission Industrial area. He continued on and was soon involved in an accident near St. Anne's Road and Fermor Avenue.
Police went to his home where they found his door ajar. He was laying on his couch, unresponsive, with cocaine and cash next to him. Officers woke him up and placed him under arrest.
It is believed the driver was impaired by a drug.
A search warrant was later granted for the suite and a number of items were seized including:
- Approximately 15 grams of cocaine (estimated street value of $1,200)
- Approximately 5.45 ounces of methamphetamine (estimated street value of $4,300)
- 2 digital scales contaminated with a white residue
- 4 cellular phones
- $15,635 in Canadian currency
- Packaging material (ie. baggies, elastics)
25 year-old Michael Robert Labossiere has been charged with:
- Operation of a Conveyance While Impaired to Any Degree by BAC or Drug or a Combination of Both
- Possession of a Scheduled Substance for the Purpose of Trafficking – Methamphetamine
- Possession of a Scheduled Substance for the Purpose of Trafficking – Cocaine
- Possession of Property Obtained by Crime Over $5,000
He was also processed on an outstanding warrant for the suspension of his parole/statutory release and was detained in custody.