WINNIPEG - A drug trafficker armed himself with a .22 automatic handgun and body armour as he walked Main Street carrying drugs and cash.
Police were alerted to the man carrying a gun at about 6:15 PM on May 15. They took him safely into custody and when he was searched they found the .22 calibre semi-automatic handgun, body armour that he was wearing, $1,300 of cocaine and $2,940 cash.
23 year-old Dustin Wayne Johnson has been charged with:
- Possession of a Scheduled Substance for the Purpose of Trafficking – Cocaine
- Carrying Concealed Weapon Prohibited Device or Ammunition
- Possession of a Firearm Knowing its Possession is Unauthorized
- Possession of a Prohibited or Restricted Firearm with Ammunition
- Possession of Firearm, Restricted/Prohibited Weapon or Ammunition Contrary to Prohibition Order (x6)
- Possession of Proceeds of Property Obtained by Crime Under $5,000
- Possess body armour without a valid permit or in a manner inconsistent with the valid permit (The Body Armour and Fortified Vehicle Control Act)
He was detained in custody.