WINNIPEG - After a brief foot pursuit, a suspect was apprehended when he tried to escape in a taxicab.
On January 18th police watched a suspect walking away from a stolen vehicle on Blake Street. When they chased him, he tried to get away in a nearby taxi but was quickly placed under arrest.
When he was searched police found cocaine and heroin with a combined street total of $325 as well as $80 in cash. He also had a bag in the back of the taxi that contained his ID, a scale, knife, sawed-off rifle without a stock, ammunition and fake $50 Canadian bills.
39 year-old Walter Darrell Mitchell Bradburn has been charged with:
- Possession of a Scheduled Substance for the Purpose of Trafficking – Cocaine
- Possession of a Scheduled Substance for the Purpose of Trafficking – Heroin
- Possession of a Weapon (x3)
- Transport Firearm or Restricted Weapon Contrary to Regulations
- Possession of a Firearm Knowing its Possession is Unauthorized
- Possession of a Prohibited Device or Ammunition Knowing its Possession is Unauthorized
- Possession of a Prohibited or Restricted Firearm with Ammunition
- Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm in Motor Vehicle
- Making Counterfeit Money
- Possession of Counterfeit Money
- Possession of Proceeds of Property Obtained by Crime Under $5000
- Fail to Comply Condition Recognizance by Judge/Justice (x4)
He was detained in custody.