WINNIPEG - The Drugs and Gangs Unit executed their second search warrant in two days and has led to the arrest of a 31 year-old Winnipeg man.
During the search a number of individuals were taken into custody and seized a umber of items including:
- Approximately 17 ounces of methamphetamine (estimated street value of $10,200)
- Approximately 1 gram of fentanyl (estimated street value of $100)
- $4,170 in Canadian currency
- Packaging materials
- Contaminated scales
- Property that had been stolen from a business in the St. James Industrial area
31 year-old Matthew Kyle Merrells has been charged with:
- Possession of a Scheduled Substance for the Purpose of Trafficking – Methamphetamine (x2)
- Possession of Scheduled Substance – Fentanyl
- Unauthorized Possession of a Prohibited or Restricted Weapon
- Possession of Proceeds of Property Obtained by Crime Under $5000
- Possession of Property Obtained by Crime Under $5000
He was detained in custody.