WINNIPEG - While one gun-wielding suspect eluded police, another found himself in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Police responded to a report of a man waving a firearm around near Austin Street North and Lorne Avenue but when they arrived were unable to locate him.
While investigating the incident, an unrelated male was observed on a bicycle attempting to elude officers in the area of Main Street and Dufferin Avenue.
A General Patrol unit took him into custody on Dufferin Avenue. He was found to be in possession of a hunting-style knife, a sawed-off 12 gauge pump-action shotgun and fourteen 12 gauge shotgun shells.
47 year-old Darrell Jason Tymchuk has been charged with:
- Transport Firearm or Restricted Weapon Contrary to Regulations
- Possession of a Weapon (x2)
- Carrying Concealed Weapon Prohibited Device or Ammunition (x2)
- Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm
- Tampering with Serial Number of a Firearm
- Possession of a Prohibited or Restricted Firearm with Ammunition
He was detained in custody.