On October 17, 2018 in the early hours of the morning, police observed a man known to them who had an outstanding warrant. He immediately began to evade them on his bike but the police chased him down and took him into custody.
A search of the suspect resulted in the seizure of approximately 5.3 grams of methamphetamine (with an estimated street value of $530).
Members of the K9 unit attended and tracked to a machete that is believed to have been discarded by the suspect while he was being chased.
21 year-old Blaine Thadeus Harper of Winnipeg has been charged with:
- Possession of Scheduled Substance – Methamphetamine
- Possession of a Weapon
- Fail to Comply Condition Recognizance by Judge/Justice
- Fail to Comply with Probation Order (x2)
He was also processed on two warrants for charges of:
- Fail to Attend Court on a Recognizance
- Fail to Comply with Probation (x2)
Harper was detained in custody.