WINNIPEG - A 20-year-old Winnipeg man has been charged for trafficking cocaine after the Street Crime Unit executed search warrant.
Police said on November 7th they started an investigation into the trafficking of cocaine and illegal firearms. Search warrants for drugs and firearms were granted for a home located in the 700 block of Wolseley Ave.
Friday afternoon police located the resident of the Wolseley address on St. Mary Ave. Officers seized cocaine with a street value of $50 at the time of arrest.
Police then searched of the home and found baggies of cocaine with a street value of $850 and psilocybin (magic mushrooms) with an estimated street value of $375. A a loaded shotgun along with 25 rounds of ammunition was also found.
Xavier Andris Rattie, 20, of Winnipeg, was charged with the following offences:
- Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm x 1
- Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm Knowing its Possession is Unauthorized x 1
- Possession of a Loaded Prohibited/Restricted Firearm x 1
- Unauthorized Possession of a Prohibited/Restricted Firearm with Ammunition
- Possession Contrary to Order x 4
- Contravention of Storage Regulations
- Possession of a Firearm Prohibited or Restricted Weapon Obtained by Crime
- Fail to Comply with Probation Order x 1
- Possession of a Controlled Substance for the Purpose of Trafficking x 2 (cocaine, psilocybin)