WINNIPEG - The Winnipeg Police Service says a young man is facing 21 different charges after a gun and drugs were found when a taxi cab was pulled over earlier this week.
The WPS Guns and Gangs Unit executed a warrant to conduct the traffic stop near the corner of Stafford St. and Warsaw Ave. as part of a drugs and firearms investigation, and placed the 19-year-old under arrest.
Officers seized a Glock 17 handgun with an obliterated serial number; a loaded, extended magazine; an ounce of cocaine; 4.8 grams of crack cocaine; an ounce of fentanyl; an ounce of methamphetamine; 500 Oxycodone pills; $2,990 in cash; and other paraphernalia.
Police charged Samy Yebeyo of Calgary with a long list of charges, including 11 counts related to breaching conditions of a release.
The charges also include:
- known unauthorized possession of a loaded firearm, restricted or prohibited weapon or ammunition against a prohibition order
- unauthorized possession of a firearm in a vehicle
- tampering with the serial number of a firearm
- fraud under $5,000
- three counts of possession of a forged document with intent
- possession of proceeds of property obtained by crime under $5,000
- four counts of possession of a controlled substance for the purpose of trafficking
The suspect was detained in custody.