WINNIPEG - Police have arrested a man wanted on outstanding warrants and plenty of new charges after they found him walking on Selkirk Avenue on New Year's afternoon.
He attempted to run when they spotted him but was quickly caught and taken into custody. When he was searched they found the following items:
- An improvised firing device (“zip gun”)
- Parts that can be used to construct an improvised firing device
- Three 12-gauge shotgun shells
- Three .22 calibre rounds of ammunition
A 17-year-old male of Winnipeg has been charged with:
- Possession of Firearm, Restricted/Prohibited Weapon or Ammunition Contrary to Prohibition Order (x6)
- Possession of a Firearm Knowing its Possession is Unauthorized
- Possession of a Prohibited or Restricted Firearm with Ammunition
- Carrying Concealed Weapon Prohibited Device or Ammunition
The male was also processed on two outstanding warrants for charges of:
- Assault with a Weapon
- Fail to Comply Sentence (x4)
He was detained in custody.