WINNIPEG - Two teenagers were arrested and charged for an armed robbery on Monday in Winnipeg
Monday afternoon just after 2:00PM police responded to an armed robbery call on Portage Avenue and Vaughn Street. Officers spotted two men fleeing in the area of Ellice Avenue and Vaughn Street. The two teenaged men were taken into custody in the area of Qu'Appelle Avenue and Balmoral Street.
Police said a 16-year-old boy, the victim, had just met the suspects, he didn't know them, inside Portage Place. Once outside, the suspects assaulted the victim, pointed a handgun at him, sprayed him with pepper spray and stole his backpack.
The 16-year-old was taken to hospital in stable condition.
Police said Brock Bentley Mann, am 18-year-old man from Winnipeg has been charged with:
- Armed Robbery using a Restricted Firearm of Prohibited Firearm
- Pointing a Firearm
- Use of Firearm During Commission of an Indictable Offence
- Possess of Firearm, Restricted/Prohibited Weapon or Ammunition Contrary to Prohibition Order
- Carry Concealed Weapon, Prohibited Device, or Ammunition
- Possession of a Firearm Knowing its Possession is Unauthorized
A 17-year-old man has also been charged with similar offences and detained at the Manitoba Youth Centre.