WINNIPEG, MB - A man who sold drugs to an undercover police officer thought locking himself in his car would help him escape. It did not.
Police said that on February 11 and again on February 12 a male suspect sold crack cocaine to an undercover officer.
When police attempted to arrest the suspect he locked himself in his vehicle. Officers were able to safely remove and arrest him.
Police then executed a search warrant in the 300 block of Colony Street and the following items were seized:
- 2198 1/4 gram pieces of crack cocaine individually wrapped in tin foil. Street value of approx. $88,000
- 1 ounce of powder cocaine. Street value of $2,000
- $9500 cash in proceeds of crime
- 4 grams of marihuana. Street value of $40
- Scales and packaging materials
- 2011 Land Rover LR2
Charged is Emmanuel Umaru, 22-years-old of Winnipeg with the following:
- Possession of a Scheduled Substance for the Purpose of Trafficking - Cocaine
- Possession of Proceeds of Property Obtained by Crime Under $5,000
- Traffic in Scheduled Substance-Cocaine X2
Kevin Klein, Manitoba Post