WINNIPEG - Another armed car-jacking in Winnipeg on Monday night just before 10:00PM.
Police said a 28-year-old man had stopped in his vehicle when he was approached by three men, one armed with a sawed-off rifle. One of the men pointed the rifle at the driver and ordered him to turn over his car keys and get out. The driver complied and the men got in the car and robbed the victim of his personal belongings in the process.
Early Tuesday morning officers spotted the stolen care parked general patrol officers on Selkirk Avenue with one man inside. When the man exited the car he was quickly placed under arrest. He was in possession of a can of bear spray.
Later that day police noticed a man arguing with a taxi driver on Flora Avenue. Police stopped and attempted to intervene when the man took off, but tripped and fell due to a loaded sawed-off rifle falling down his pant leg.
Police seized the loaded sawed-off .22 calibre rifle along with several personal items stolen from the victim of the stolen.
Caleb Joshua Johnston, a 29-year-old man of Winnipeg was charged with:
- Armed Robbery Using a Firearm
- Possession of Property Obtained by Crime Under $5000
- Possess Weapon
- Fail To Comply with Recognizance
- Possession of a Firearm, Restricted/Prohibited Weapon or Ammunition Contrary to Probation Order
Brandon Lee McKay, a 25-year-old man was charged with:
- Armed Robbery using a Restricted Firearm or Prohibited Firearm
- Pointing a Firearm
- Possession of a Weapon X 2
- Carrying Concealed Weapon, Prohibited Device, or Ammunition X 2
- Possession of a Firearm Knowing its Possession is Unauthorized X 2
- Transports Firearm, Weapon, Prohibited Device or Ammunition in a Careless Manner X 2
- Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm in Motor Vehicle X 2
- Fail to Comply with Recognizance X 4
- Fail to Comply with Probation Order X 3
- Possession of Firearm, Restricted/Prohibited Weapon or Ammunition Contrary to Prohibition Order
- Possession of Loaded Prohibited or Restricted Firearm
This investigation continues. Police are asking anyone with information to call 204-986-6219 or Crime Stoppers at 204-786-TIPS (8477).