WINNIPEG - As a proactive measure and to slow the transmission of COVID-19, the province has announced a return to remote learning until at least the end of May.
Starting on Wednesday, all students in kindergarten to grade 12 in Winnipeg and Brandon will learn at home.
All other schools in Manitoba will follow these additional measures:
• schools with multiple cases (outside of same household cases) will be moved proactively to remote learning as per existing guidance;
• school officials can require students and/or staff who are showing symptoms to stay home for 10 days and encourage them to seek testing. Household members without symptoms should also self-isolate (quarantine) until the sick individual’s test result is received;
• all extra-curricular activities, organized sports and off-site activities are suspended, except for physically-distanced walks/runs in the local community;
• no indoor singing and no indoor use of wind instruments will be allowed; and
• all other public health measures will remain in effect.