Manitoba Families has appointed six new members and reappointed six current members to the Social Services Appeal Board (SSAB), which provides a fair and impartial process for Manitobans appealing decisions on social services and programs.
New appointments to SSAB are:
- Rajinder Grewal (Winnipeg);
- Prof. Israel Kabashiki (Winnipeg);
- Sandra Kaufmann (Winnipeg);
- Edna Nabess (Winnipeg);
- Amanda Racine (Boissevain); and
- Thomasina Sinclair (The Pas).
Reappointments to the board are:
- Carmanne Berry, vice-chair (Teulon);
- Viola Davidson (Winnipeg);
- Taranjit Dhaliwal (St. Adolphe);
- Jason Guy Glesby (Winnipeg);
- Dolores Hardy (Brandon); and
- Treena Ross (Fraserwood).
The SSAB hears appeals about a variety of social services and programs, including income assistance, residential care facility licensing, adoption agency licensing, MarketAbilities, supports for vulnerable people living with mental disabilities, child care subsidies and licenses, 55 PLUS – A Manitoba Income Supplement Program, Rent Assist and the Manitoba prenatal benefit.
For more information about the board, visit www.gov.mb.ca/fs/ssab/.