WINNIPEG - The province has ordered more restrictions, as variants of concern fuel a third wave of COVID-19. They will stay in place until at least May 12th.
The following new rules take effect at midnight:
• all households may only have two designated visitors indoors;
• outdoor gatherings on public and private property limited to a maximum of 10 people including household members;
• faith-based gatherings limited to 25 per cent capacity or 50 people, whichever is lower, with indoor masks orders in place except while household groups are seated at a service, are appropriately distanced from other groups and are not singing; and
• weddings and funerals reduced to 10 people, in addition to an officiant and photographer.
The order below begins on Wednesday:
• Retail stores must be limited to one-third the capacity of the store or up to 333 patrons, whichever is lower and malls will be limited to 33 per cent of the facility’s capacity.