FLIN FLON - a 55 year-old man from Schist Lake faces 10 charges after driving recklessly past RCMP who were stopped on the side of the road.
RCMP were stopped on Highway 10, south of Flin Flon with their emergency lights on conducting and investigation, when a pickup truck blew past them, failing to slow down.
Officers immediately returned to their police vehicles and initiated a traffic stop with the passing vehicle.
A subsequent search and investigation led police to obtain search warrants for the vehicle and residences in Schist Lake and Flin Flon. As a result, officers seized approximately 27 grams of cocaine, 6 grams of psilocybin, 1 gram of crack cocaine, 10 rifles, ammunition, other weapons, and a large sum of cash
The driver, 55-year-old, Paul McIntyre, of Schist Lake, has been charged with:
· Dangerous Operation of a Motor Vehicle
· Possession for the Purpose of Trafficking
· Possession of a Weapon for a Dangerous Purpose x 2
· Failure to Comply with Undertaking x 4
· Possession of a Controlled Substance
· Possession of Property Obtained by Crime
He was also issued several tickets under the Highway Traffic Act.
The passenger of the vehicle, 51-year-old, Margaret Chisolm, of Flin Flon, has been charged with:
· Possession for the Purpose of Trafficking and Possession of Property Obtained by Crime
RCMP continue to investigate.