WINNIPEG - The province has announced $120 million in help for small and medium businesses hurt by CoVid-19. The Manitoba Gap Protection Program is available to any business that's fallen between the cracks and doesn't qualify for various federal programs and subsidies. A qualifying business will get an interest-free forgivable loan of up to $6,000.
To be eligible for the MGPP funding, a business must:
• have been operational on March 20, 2020, the date the Manitoba government declared a provincewide state of emergency under The Emergency Measures Act because of COVID-19;
• have temporarily ceased or curtailed operations as a result of a COVID-19 public health order and have been harmed by the health order;
• be registered and in good standing with the Manitoba Business and Corporate Registry;
• have not qualified for federal government COVID-19 grant support; and
• have an email address and a bank account.
For more information, contact Manitoba Government Inquiry: 1-866-626-4862 or 204-945-3744.