WINNIPEG - Manitoba has announced dates and details of new COVID-19 public health orders.
A mask mandate for indoor public places in now in effect until further notice.
Starting next Friday, September 3rd, people will need to be fully vaccinated to take part in the following events and activities.
• indoor and outdoor ticketed sporting events and concerts;
• indoor theatre/dance/symphony events;
• restaurants (indoor and patio dining);
• nightclubs and all other licensed premises;
• casinos, bingo halls and VLT lounges;
• movie theatres;
• fitness centres, gyms and indoor sporting and recreational facilities (excluding youth recreational sport); and
• organized indoor group recreational classes and activities, and indoor recreational businesses.
Children 11 and under who are not eligible to be immunized will be able to attend these events and activities with a fully vaccinated adult.
“The emergence of the delta variant has changed things significantly. Now, public health officials tell us the pandemic is one of the unimmunized and we must take these extra steps to protect the nearly 230,000 children who are not yet eligible for immunization,” said health minister Audrey Gordon. “Manitoba’s vaccine passport benefit will help encourage greater vaccine uptake, which is necessary to protect our health-care system from the COVID-19 fourth wave.”
What do you think?