WINNIPEG - Dr. Brent Roussin's tougher COVID-19 measures for the entire province have taken effect.
These new red or critical restrictions under the Manitoba pandemic response system come a day after the most deadly day of the pandemic. Nine people died from coronavirus yesterday and there are now 5,676 active cases.
Here's what red/critical means:
- Social contacts must be reduced to your household only. Social gatherings are not permitted, and gatherings of more than 5 people from outside a single household will be subject to fines.
- Travel to and from northern Manitoba is restricted and non-essential travel is discouraged.
- Retail businesses listed as critical services, such as grocery stores and pharmacies, can remain open at 25 per cent capacity.
- Retail businesses not on the list are able to provide e-service, curbside pickup or delivery services.
- All personal service businesses, including hair salons, barbers and sites offering manicures, pedicures and other esthetic services, must close.
- Gyms and fitness centres must close.
- Religious and cultural gatherings must close or be provided virtually only.
- Restaurants must close to the public and may be open for delivery, drive-thru or takeout only.
- All recreational activities, sports facilities, casinos, museums, galleries, libraries, movie theatres and concert halls must close.
What do you think?