WINNIPEG - RCMP have laid fourteen charges against a 29-year-old man that struck and killed a 15-year-old boy, injured another and fled the scene Friday night.
Police say on Friday at 11:45PM two 15-year-old boys were riding their bikes on the shoulder of Donald Road, just off of Highway 9, when a vehicle went off the roadway and struck them. The boys were thrown into the ditch by the impact.
One 15-year-old boy, from the RM of St. Andrews, was pronounced dead at the scene. The second 15-year-old boy was taken to hospital with non-life-threatening injuries and is currently in stable condition.
The driver fled the scene on foot after his vehicle became disabled in the ditch. K-9 was called in and quickly picked-up a track and found the man in a vehicle on Donald Road.
RCMP has laid the following 14 charges against Justin Joseph Little:
- Impaired Operation of a Motor Vehicle, by a drug, Causing Death
- Impaired Operation of a Motor Vehicle, by a drug, Causing Bodily Harm
- Dangerous Operation of a Motor Vehicle Causing Death
- Dangerous Operation of a Motor Vehicle Causing Bodily Harm
- Failure to remain at the scene of an accident where a person is deceased
- Failure to remain at the scene of an accident where a person is injured
- Possession of Property Obtained by Crime over $5000
- Mischief under $5000
- Fail to comply with Recognizance (6 counts)