WINNIPEG - Police have made an arrest in the attempted murder of a man on July 16th.
Police found a man suffering form a gun shot wound at 8:15 in the morning on Boyd Avenue.
Police said the victim had been in the area when he was approached by an acquaintance and was shot in the upper body. The suspect fled on foot.
Investigators arrested the suspect on July 24th near Selkirk Avenue and McKenzie Street.
Darryl Louis Ross, a 46-year-old man from Winnipeg, has now been charged with:
- Attempt to Commit Murder
- Pointing a Firearm
- Carrying Concealed Weapon Prohibited Device or Ammunition
- Possession of a Weapon
- Possession of Firearm, Restricted/Prohibited Weapon or Ammunition Contrary to Prohibition Order (x2)
- Possession of a Firearm Knowing its Possession is Unauthorized
- Possession of a Prohibited Device or Ammunition Knowing its Possession is Unauthorized
- Discharge a Restricted Firearm or a Prohibited Firearm with Intent\
- Fail to Comply with Probation Order
- Fail to Comply Condition Recognizance by Judge/Justice (x7)
Ross also had two outstanding arrest warrants for:
- Fail to Attend Court
- Fail to Comply with Probation Order (x2)