WINNIPEG - A traffic stop on Sunday near Watt Street and Talbot Avenue lead to multiple charges and the discovery of a loaded .32 caliber.
Police said a male passenger of the vehicle was found to be in possession of a loaded .32 caliber handgun which was holstered to his hip. When police searched the man further they found a small amount of methamphetamine and several hydromorphone pills.
Ronald Jason Leathwood, a 39-year-old from Winnipeg has been charged with:
- Possession of a Weapon
- Carrying Concealed Weapon, prohibited Device or Ammunition
- Possess Firearm Knowing its Possession is Unauthorized
- Possession of a Prohibited Device or Ammunition Knowing its Possession is Unauthorized
- Possession of a Firearm in a Motor Vehicle
- Possession of a Prohibited or Restricted Firearm with Ammunition
- Possession of Firearm, Restricted/Prohibited Weapon Contrary to Prohibition Order X2
- Possession of Scheduled Substance-Methamphetamine
- Possession of Scheduled Substance - Hydromorphone